How are you feeling today?

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Post  edsne on Thu 21 Aug - 9:48

Hello all,

This thread was very popular on the old message board so I'm starting it again here.

Today I am excited about the website and message board and looking forward to welcoming new members in the next few days and weeks.

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-08-08

View user profile http://www.edsne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How are you feeling today?

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Aug - 1:51

Today am feeling good as am going for acupuncture so i should sleep 2nite!!!
lol, julie xxxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Fri 22 Aug - 3:09

Hello Julie,

That's good to hear.

How are you sleeping generally?

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Aug - 6:21

I am feeling sleepy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Aug - 6:44

today im feeling good a little tired though as my cousin's kids woke me up early but other than that im good...life is good :)
patch
xx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Fri 22 Aug - 6:46

That is good to hear Patch.

How was Borneo?

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Aug - 9:54

borneo was amazing i cant describe it omg it was the best month ever...its been life changing and i really feel ready to go off to college in september and my eating is better than it has been in years and years. i dunno it feels weird being back still but things have changed things are on the up.
xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Aug - 11:08

hi am not sleeping good at all, i tend 2 get some sleep after acupuncture thou so fingers crossed 4 2nite!!!
lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Sat 23 Aug - 3:17

Hi Patch, That is fantastic to hear. Especially when you fought so hard to go. Well done for making it a positive experience! Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Sat 23 Aug - 3:26

Hello Julie, I'm sorry to hear you still aren't sleeping well but it sounds like the acupuncture is helpful. I'm really pleased it's helping. Especially when you had tried so many things. Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 24 Aug - 3:50

Today am feeling good & happy, be even better if i cud sleep!!!! roll eyes
lol xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Tue 26 Aug - 11:42

Hello Julie,

Did the accupuncture not help?

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Tue 26 Aug - 11:46

Today I'm feeling happy but sore due to slipping over in the bath. Could of been nasty but thankfully no bones broken! Must be less clumsy! lol

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 6:25

hi everyone,

feeling worse than i have in a while with the same problems, but in general everything else is good.. x

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Wed 27 Aug - 6:44

Hello Dreamer,

Would it help to talk about what is going on for you and how you are feeling?

Remember that is what we are here for.

You can post it in here or you can start a new post. Either is fine. Just whatever you feel comfortable with.

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 7:35

oh, its just the same old stuff.. mum going on about me about this that and the other, and i think i have tried about 4 or 5 things so far to try and loose a bit of weight to shut her up.. and it still doesnt please her. i dont even no why im listening to her.

but the frightning thing is at the moment, with the presure built up of all that again, im struggling to hear myself. struggling to listen or do what i know is right, and not slpi off the right path, one i feel like i have been on a little while.

i have got a friend that is being very supportive at the moment though, a new friend from work.

just dont no what to do, i say its been ok for a while, but i been saying that for years.. its doesnt dissapear that quickly.. well infact it never has..

dx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Wed 27 Aug - 8:10

Hello Dreamer,

I think it can be very easy to put on a smile and just gloss over things. I takes time and alot of hard work to recover so there is nothing to be ashamed of if you are not there yet. Baby steps.

There are some things on the self help page on the main site that may help you.

Are you getting any support for the food issues?

I know it's hard to break with vicous circle of dieting behaviours and eating disorder behaviours but with trying to diet and lose weight it really does keep you trapped in that circle.

How are you eating at the moment on a typical day?

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 8:41

baby steps... i remember... i think i forget that sometimes.. even with my happy pills i forget that its important to remeber they are helping and i have to come off them slowly, not just stop like i tried not so long ago..

again, no, no support, only from a friend at the moment.

on a typical day, its never the same 2 days running. its always a bit all over the place, trying one thing then trying another, getting down and binging, getting upset and not eating.. trying to stick to healthier foods none the less, and i have been really tired lately. im sleeping like a log, but cant shake it off in the day. not without a red bull, and they caused me to have palpitations, so i trying to lay off them too..

i no i glosss over things far too much, but i think mainly because no one else has ever said its a problem, so i never believed it was.. but deep deep down, i kinda no it is... more than i am willing to believe... xx

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Wed 27 Aug - 9:10

Hello Dreamer,

I think the first thing to do is to look at the steps in the vicous circle...

Trying to Diet/Restrict >>> Binging >>> Feeling Guilty/Stressed Out >>> Dieting and Restricting to try and 'compensate' >>> Binging >>> and round it goes. With each step in the cycle you set yourself up for the next. So the trick is to try and make small changes to break the pattern. So if you have had a bad morning and binged don't restrict or skip meals, have the rest of the days meals and snakcs as planned. This wil probably feel uncomfortable and you will probably want to restrict but remember that restricting leads back to binging so this about taking a step out of the vicous circle by doing things differently.

You say you are eating healthily. This can sometimes mean restrictive. Two questions for you. Take your time to think about them.

What does healthy eating mean to you?

What does balanced eating mean to you?

It can really help to have a meal plan so you can plan in advance what you are going to eat and pre prepare it if you are going to be at work during taht meal time. It's often a good idea to eat every two - three hours if you are prone to binging. So include snacks in your meal plan. Does that sound like something you could do?

Again baby steps. All of that may seem overwhelming to do all at once is there part of it you could do now and build up slowly? one step at a time?

It's really positive that you are starting to acknowledge the problem. It can be really hard when you feel no one lese is but remember that at the end of the day you ae the one affected by this. You deserve help and support to recover and yours is the only opinion that matters at the end of the day.

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Aug - 9:28

that cycle is horrible seeing it written down, cause every day i go round and round the same things..

i have been trying to eat more fruit and veg, and things like that, rather than take away food and things.. and to be honest, i dont think i can answer the question about balanced eating. im not sure what it is.. im not sure i have ever had an even balance, its always been top heavy, or not at all..

i am trying to put a meal plan together now, my mum suggested a plan, a diet plan, i wont mention what it is cause i dont think im allowed, but i really dont no.. its just another thing she wants me to try.. another thing to let me down, and not get the results she wants to see in me.. dont get me wrong, i do want to be a healthier fitter person, but it never happens.. sorry if this doeasnt make much sense im just trying to be careful what i do and dont say..

i wouldnt no where to start?? any suggestions?? xxx

all i no right now is i dont feel good about myself, and i dint want to feel like this.. its all crept back around me.. x

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Wed 27 Aug - 10:08

Hello Dreamer,

As a rule posting of diets is not allowed but on this occassion please do as I feel it would really benefit you to get some outside feedback. Just to point out that I am not medically qualified or a professional dietician but from the perspective of someone who has had issues and got through them I can give you my personal opinion if that would help.

With the healthy/balanced diet to me (again personal opinion not the medically pushed one!) a healthy/balanced diet is when I can eat three meals and two snacks and can include things such as fruit and veg but also can eat a biscuitbag of crisps/portion of chips/takeaway (the foods that are forbidden or binged on when I was unwell) without guilt (guilt tends to lead to binging for me). Balance to me simply is about everything being okay in moderation. I try to make my meals one carb, one protein and veg or fruit depending on the meal just as a basic. I like a bag of crisps sometimes at a lunch time and for me while some people call that bad food/forbidden food it is healthy to do that. It avoids binging and for me gives me a generally healthier view on food. Sometimes for a snack I have fruit and sometimes a biscuit or chocolate. Nothing is bad. It is all about balance. That to me is truelly healthy. Not too much or too little of anything. I also find it helps to not eat more or less in the morning than I do in the afternoon or evening. It helps to have it spread out evenly during the day.

Fluids are also important. I like to drink plenty of water during the day but will also have a cup of tea or coffee or a hot chocolate if I fancy it. It's all about balance.

Don't feel you have to answer those questions yourself just yet but keep them in mind.

I asked because some people view healthy and balanced eating as cutting out carbs and just eating salad and fruit, eating very little and no snacking. This to me is unhealthy. Your body needs carbs and protein to run properly. It needs food regularly and it needs a proper amount.

Would you feel comfortable writing down an example of a days eating. Don't try and pick a day where you were at your best, just a typical day and we look at that and see how best to take those baby steps?

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 28 Aug - 3:24

hi,

the diet is (edited).

i feel i have totally lost my balance. i am the complete opposite. i try and cut out all those things, crisps, choc, fizzy drinks. i have also cut other things out such as carbs, as you said.

would that be ok for me to write down a days eating?? would i email it to you.

today i feel rubbish. got a nasty ache in my stomach.. not sure where that come from, i would just rather be at home to be honest.. x

dx

Last edited by edsne on Thu 28 Aug - 10:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed the weight loss program name.)

Back to top Go down

Post  edsne on Thu 28 Aug - 10:13

Hello Dreamer,

I have removed the name of the diet plan you are following, just for legal reasons.

It is perfectly fine for you to write down your days eating on the message board and I will go through it with you.

It sounds as if it is a very weight loss focused and restrictive diet just from what you have posted there.

Edsne

edsne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 28 Aug - 10:28

i only wrote the diet down cause you said i could.

i weighed my self today. not great. im going to maybe write my stuff down on sat for you if thats ok, cause i no i'll be releaxed at home. not at work.

Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 28 Aug - 10:30

sorry i didnt realise you meant i couldnt write the name of it down. i also meant i have cut all those things out in the past, but at the moment im trying to keep away from take aways and stuff. carbs are back in my diet.

Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum